Current/previous galleries and accomplishments
- Evergreen Association of Fine Arts Board Member
- EAFA Gallery, Kirkland
- Featured Artist in Kirkland Living Magazine, March 2017
- BooBoo Barkery and Boutique, Kirkland
- Wedgewood Art Festival, Seattle
- The BookTree, Kirkland
- Shoreline Arts Festival, Shoreline
- The BookTree, Artists Outside The Box Show, Kirkland
- Arts of Kenmore Show
- ArtEast Gallery, Issaquah
- Kirkland Arts Center Store, Kirkland
- EastShore Gallery, Bellevue
- Kirkland Artist Studio Tour, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- "Regal Greyhound" 2nd Place Favorite 2013
- KAC Gone to the Dogs Exhibition
- Moses Lake Art Museum, Cartoonists Northwest Exhibit
- Brookings, Friday Harbor, Coupeville, Shoreline and Kirkland Arts Festivals
Northwest and Portland Women's Show
Women Business Owners Member
Artists Outside The Box Member
It's no secret that people love and adore their pets, myself included. It's so rewarding to be able to capture the spirit of a person's beloved pet in a colorful painting. It's my favorite thing to do. I am a full-time working artist.
In college, I studied Art and Art History at the University of Michigan, and later worked as a designer at a graphic design firm. When my son was young, I documented the challenges and rewards of being a new mother in a book featuring my comic strip, Suburban Sarah. At one point, I had over 2,000 subscribers to the comic strip. It was a wonderful, fun adventure and a creative way to document life as a mother to a young child.
As my son grew older, I decided to pick up a paintbrush and start painting. After many courses and workshops painting in traditional styles, I finally settled on my own fresh, lighthearted way of painting. I grew up with a family that loved and adored animals, so it felt natural to concentrate on creating their likenesses.
I only work from my own photos, or the client's if commissioned-based. My paintings are cheerful, upbeat and I love the ease and fast-drying time of acrylic paint.
Giving back to the world in a meaningful way is important to me. I'm currently painting portraits for Homeward Pet to create bring more awareness to animals that have special circumstances that may make it harder for them to be adopted. Whomever adopts the animals gets to take the portrait home with them.
My goal as an artist is to bring more light, humor and awareness into the world. Commissions keep me busy and I enjoy creating my own original pieces. As a strong supporter of rescue organizations, my family and I volunteer at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and I have made art donations to the Homeward Pet and Great Pyrenees Rescue Society.
E-mail me at email@example.com and let's talk more about how I can bring color and life to your gallery or bring your own pet's unique personality to canvas. You can read more about me on my blog.
Facebook: Jodie Sarah - Artist